for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Throw-Back Thursday

We've been enjoying talking on the air about where we were 20 years ago, and it's been fun to come up with a few themes for our fundraiser, though the matter at hand is the same as always:  "call now with your pledge!"  (I think I'll be saying that in my sleep....)

In preparing for our Sharathon and 20th anniversary celebration at Hope FM, I looked at the list of top 100 songs for 1996.  In the #1 slot was Listen by Cindy Morgan, who actually had several songs on the list. I was thrilled to have a chance to talk with her and share what she's doing now with our listeners for our "Throw-back Thursday."

My favorite song from her is also the title of her new book, "How Could I Ask For More?" and I'm so glad she shared more about the song with me.  In case you missed it, here's the interview:




I highly recommend the book!

Another trip down memory lane was a phone interview with someone instrumental in our station's humble beginnings. Jeff Sellers was a pastor at Palatka First Assembly when the station was in the initial stages of going on the air. He and a handful of others were instrumental in getting it up and running. It was nice to chat with him about those early days and to share with him the impact those efforts have had on the people of our community 20 years later.



So, where were you and what were your favorite songs 20 years ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment